2/14/09

Laughing at God

(Originally posted 1/13/2009)

Genesis 17:17 - "Abraham fell facedown; he laughed...."

Sometimes God says or does or promises something that to us seems so completely ridiculous and impossible that the only response we have is to laugh. It's not a mocking laugh. It's not an insulting laugh. It's not a laugh of unbelief or skepticism. It's a laugh of sheer amazement.

Nothing is impossible with God. And right now, that is such an encouragement to me. Nothing is impossible with God. So when God says He can or will do something, I can believe that it can or will be done. And just because I may not understand it doesn't mean it won't happen. Instead of scoffing or mocking Him, I can trust Him at His word. And the only response I may have is to fall down at His feet in awe and laugh in complete amazement.

When's the last time you laughed at God?

No comments:

Post a Comment