2/14/09

"Oh, by the way..."

(Originally posted 10/21/2008)

So you have to understand an occurence in our house to really get where this one goes...or comes from. Parker, our youngest, is six. He's about 3 feet tall and maybe 35 pounds, soaking wet. But despite his small stature, one of his greatest pleasures in life is something that doesn't happen for people twice his size. Regularly (I'm talking multiple times a week), he, um, clogs up the toilet. It brings with it humor, an eye roll (on my part) and a massive smile from his little face. Maybe we need to buy an industrial strength toilet. I'm not sure. Anyway, I digress.

So we're all talking around the dinner table tonight. Nothing unusual. And I mention the fact that I've restarted my blog. So of course, that sparks interest. "Daddy, I want to see your blog." Ok. Oh, by the way, the first entry is humorously titled "#2". "Can you read it to us?" Sure. So I read it.

Then the jokes begin. The #2 jokes. You know the kind. The kind that aren't appropriate at the table, but are still really funny in a 3rd grade sort of way.

And that's when I hear it. It's the line that I'm rather used to hearing. It's from my lovely wife. The beautiful woman in the house who puts up with a lot with three males. It's a line that doesn't even need to be completed anymore, because I know how it ends. It's a line that I almost expect to hear every day when I walk through the door. It's a line that makes Parker smile and one that sends me straight down the hall to perform yet another job that no man should do as much as I have (unless his name is Joe).

"Oh, by the way...Parker clogged the toilet again."

I should have known when I entered the first blog today that this was going to happen. It had to.
And thus, you now have the first poo story of blog #2 (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment