2/14/09

Toys 'R Us Kid

(Originally posted 10/22/2008)

I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us kid. There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with. From bikes to trains to video games, it's the biggest toy store there is. I don't want to grow up, 'cause baby, if I did, I couldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid. (you know you want to sing it again ... go ahead!)

Now that you've sung it again (and it's in your head right now), you'll be singing it all day. For that, I apologize. But I really think that song fits my mentality right now. It's not necessarily the bikes or trains or video games. Ok, maybe it's the video games a little. But there's something about being a kid that is just ... electrifying and intoxicating. Think about it.

As children, we assume greatness is within our grasp. You see it on every little league field and dance studio. Every child dreams of becoming something bigger than themselves.

THAT'S what I miss about being a kid. Because somewhere along life's journey, we begin aquiescing toward mediocrity. We stop striving to become something bigger than ourselves. Sad, but true.

I never want to stop wanting to be something bigger. And I pray every day that God uses me for something bigger than myself. I want that for myself. I want that for my wife. I want that for my children.

I don't want to grow up, 'cause baby, if I did, I'd stop striving to be more than just a Toys 'R Us kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment