6/19/09

Books

There's just something special about books. And I don't even care which books. Good books. Bad books. Thick books. Fiction or not. Books about people or the past or business management or dead athletes or corrupt politicians or extinct empires or farming or mountain climbing. There's something powerful that happens when I'm emmersed in the words and thoughts and paragraphs of other writers. Even the ones that aren't from writers. It's hard to explain, really.

There are times when I walk the aisles of a bookstore and almost become melancholy because there's not enough time to read them all. But at the same time I'm excited to discover new thoughts, study different perspectives or examine unique angles on old, familiar topics.

But there's one book that captures all of the emotions, desires, needs, cares, hopes and fears I can ever have. It's a collection of thoughts, perspectives, angles, words, sentences and paragraphs that is unmatched by any other book. It's the book that changes me every time I read it.

No other book gives me the hope and promise of life like this one. None of the characters and stories found on the shelves of a bookstore compare to those found in the pages of this book. And no book scares me as much. Because it's the book that shows me who I really am, and who I could become.

It's the book that equips me and challenges me and reminds me and defines me. And if you haven't read this book lately, I would challenge you to pick it up... again, or for the first time. Because it's written by the greatest author there could be. I'm pretty sure you know which one it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment