8/19/09

Simply Putting the Pieces Together

"In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built" (1 Kings 6:7).

Think about that. The quarry this verse is talking about wasn't around the corner, or even down the street. It was in another country! Yet, the preparation was so thought out; the planning was so precise, that all that was left to be done at the actual site of the temple was simply putting the pieces together.

No on site adjusting.
No on site tweaking.
No on site hammering.

All that was left was to put together what God had in mind on the site God had chosen with the plans God had laid out.

How often, though, do I try to hammer, tweak and adjust things on site because I failed to plan sufficiently, because I thought I could do it on my own with my own plans? And how much better would things go if I would take the time to study God's plan, prepare in advance and then follow his lead?

God, help me to prepare for the things you have in store for me with the plans you have laid out. Help me to remain humble enough to see that your ways are better than mine. And help me show others how, if they would continue to follow you, all that's left is simply putting the pieces together.

1 comment: